Like most people, I hate being in the kitchen when it’s hot outside. I do love BBQ but sometimes I just want something fresh and easy.
Our line of spreads and sauces from BC are very versatile in how you use them and the dishes you can make.
Besides burgers our popular Candied Jalapeño relish is awesome in many different dishes. See the below recipe for your next dish!
Mexican Corn Salad
• Juice of two limes freshly squeezed
• 3 Tbsp. SSKC Candied Jalapeño syrup
• 2 tsp. SSKC Morita + Espresso + Chipotle
• 1 tsp. Tejan seasoning (or 1/4 tsp cumin powder + 1/4 tsp chilli powder) • pinch of sea salt
• 4 ears of fresh corn, shucked and grilled • 500 g fresh baby salad leaves
• 1/2 jar SSKC Candied Jalapeños
• 1 cup Cotija or feta cheese crumbled
• 1 ripe avocado, diced
• 1 large cucumber, sliced
• 1/2 medium red onion
• Handful or fresh cilantro leaves, torn • pinch of coarse sea salt
• Pinch coarsely ground black pepper
Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a large mason jar, seal and shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
Place all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss together. Pour the dressing onto the salad and toss again. Serve immediately.
Drop us a line and get your jar today, it’s a best seller in our store.
Since 2012 their jams and condiments have been proudly handmade on an artisan-rich Gulf Island on Canada’s West Coast. From classic comfort recipes to spicy, savoury surprises, their small band of passionate jam lovers bring their inventive best to every jar they produce.